White Bean Salad
This salad is perfect for those nights when it is just too hot to cook. It is not only simple to make, but also it is delicious. The yogurt gives the dressing a bit of a creamy texture while balancing the punch of the vinegar and mustard.
I served this salad beneath yogurt marinated grilled turkey tip kebabs, however, it could certainly stand on its own as a delicious vegetarian dish. It is protein packed and quite filling.
One note: Serve this salad at room temp (not cold) for maximum flavor.
White Bean Salad:
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 15.5 ounce cans white beans (Kidney, Great Northern or Navy), drained and rinsed in a colander under cold running water
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 4-6 tablespoons of finely chopped chives (reserve a few pinches for garnish)
Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a glass bowl. Set aside.
Combine all salad ingredients in a serving bowl. Pour dressing over salad and use a wooden spoon to toss and coat beans with dressing. Garnish with a few pinches of remaining chives.