Rosemary Chicken with White Beans
This meal is the definition of an easy and quick weeknight meal. The tomatoes make this almost like a chunky soup/stew. In fact, I wish we had some fresh bread on hand because this is a perfect dish for dunking! I served this with a simple arugula salad. We really enjoyed this dinner and I look forward to enjoying it again for lunch!
- For the chicken, I used Perdue thinly sliced chicken breast. I love how they are nice and lean and cook so quickly!
- For the stewed tomatoes, I like to use Contadina Diced Tomatoes. They are perfect for quick weeknight meals! For this recipe I used the “roasted garlic” variety.
- You can always use fresh herbs in place of dried herbs. In fact, I suggest you use fresh herbs as often as possible. However, sometimes you find yourself in a pinch and it’s necessary to rely on your stash of dried herbs. (Like when you have a hungry husband and you can’t get to the farmer’s market or the grocery store!) Whenever you substitute dry for fresh always use one teaspoon of dry for every one tablespoon of fresh that the recipe calls for.
Rosemary Chicken with White Beans:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary (if you have fresh, use fresh!)
- ~1/2 teaspoon salt
- ~1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken breast, sliced thin 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans (or any other white bean like cannellini), drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine rosemary, salt, and pepper and sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Place chicken in pan and cook until brown, turning once. (Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook chicken in batches. Make sure there is enough space in the pan so that each peace of chicken touches the bottom of the pan.) Once all chicken pieces are brown set aside on a plate. Deglaze pan by adding tomatoes (with juices) to pan. Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to medium and add chicken. Add the beans; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in olives.