As far as desserts go, I enjoy making cakes and cupcakes most. However, not all situations are cake and cupcake friendly. When I need a sweet treat that must travel well I turn to bars. Bars are usually pretty easy to make and they are very easy to transport. So when you have an occasion that calls for a no fuss (yet delicious!) dessert–say a picnic, a potluck, or an event to which you are going straight from work, I suggest you consider bars!
Let this be your warning: these Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownie bars are addictive! If you have a sweet tooth, these bars are definitely for you! They are peanut buttery, chocolaty, chewy, and crunchy all at once!
Peanut Butter Candy Bar Brownies:
- 1 16 oz. package peanut-shaped peanut butter sandwich cookies (Nutter Butters), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 /2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 1.5 oz. packages Reese’s peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
- 2 2.1 oz. Butterfinger candy bars
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts
Combine crushed cookies and butter in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of a greased aluminum foil lined 9 x 13 glass dish. Allow foil to extend beyond ends of pan. Bake at 350 F for 6-8 minutes.
Combine condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth.
Sprinkle chopped candy bars, chocolate morsels, and peanuts over crust. Drizzle condensed milk mixture on top.
Bake at 350 F for 27 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove dish and place on a wire rack to cool. Lift foil from pan and pull foil away from uncut brownies. Let cool completely then cut into bars.