Are you running out of dinner ideas that don’t require heating up the kitchen? This is less of a recipe and more of a summer dinner idea. It is adaptable and can be easily made if you are cooking only for yourself or if you are cooking for an entire softball team.
What to do:
- In Greek salad dressing, marinade shrimp that have been cleaned and deveined (tails removed).
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes (or use metal skewers).
- Chop romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and kalamata olives. Combine in a bowl with crumbled feta cheese.
- Thread marinated shrimp onto skewers and cook on a preheated grill. They will only take a few minutes on each side.
- Dress salad with Greek dressing and top with shrimp skewers.*
Looking for some other hot weather dinner ideas?
- White Bean and Asparagus Salad
- Curried Chicken Salad
- White Bean Salad
- Grilled Swordfish with Grilled Caponata
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
*Never use leftover marinade. Discard immediately. Dress the salad using fresh dressing.